Top 10 Things to Look for when Choosing a Realtor
We make thousands of small and large decisions every single day.
What will I have for breakfast? Should I go for that run today? Should I make coffee at home or stop on the way to work?
While these more trivial choices may feel as though they can make or break your day, few decisions affect your everyday life more than where you will live! An investment as big as purchasing property makes choosing the best real estate agent a huge priority!
The home buying and selling process can be confusing and daunting; full of ups and down. Thankfully there are people willing to put in the work to list your home, find potential buyers and find the home of your dreams. With the right real estate professional by your side, you’ll find the process to be one that can bring you a lot of excitement and joy.
You’ll want an agent who is prepared to keep your greatest needs in mind as you start the process of buying a home. With so many agents vying for your attention, it can be difficult to understand who will best suit you. How do you choose a real estate agent?
Here are the top 10 things to look for when choosing an agent who is right for YOU.
- Seek someone who asks YOU a lot of questions. Does this agent have your best interest at heart or are they in this for the sole purpose of making a sale? If you sense they aren’t inquisitive or interested in understanding your needs, move on.
- Look for a person with whom you’d grab a drink or a cup of coffee. Simply put, do you get along with this person? Choosing an agent you dread to see or talk to will not help you in the long run. Trusting your intuition can be an enormous asset to you in choosing the right real estate agent.
- Look for someone who is timely and communicative.
- Does this person respond to you within an acceptable time frame? Do you have to beg for a response? Do they take time to give you information you’re asking for? Punctuality can make the difference of your offer on a home being accepted or denied. Pay attention to the timeliness of their communication with you.
- Search for someone who can clearly explain the home buying process and expenses incurred (i.e., closing costs, mortgage payments, credit reports, credit scores, interest rates, home inspection, escrow). If your agent makes you feel lost, don’t be afraid to move on. This large of an investment comes with a lot of important details that are easy to confuse.
- Seek out an agent who is able to clearly explain the specifics of the undertaking of buying and selling a home, and a person who answers the questions you didn’t even know to ask. You want someone who helps you clearly comprehend the complicated paperwork you’re signing your name to so there aren’t any unmet expectations or surprises.
- Look for the agent’s previous sales records; especially within the market you are looking to make your purchase. How many homes have they sold in the community you want to live in? This may tell you how well they know your desired location and their ability to navigate the nuances of a specific region.
- Do they have a professional real estate photo? Was their business photo taken on a smartphone or by a professional? How does their photo represent who you want on your side when making this decision?
- Google your agent! How do they present themselves online? If you are able to see their social media profiles, do they appear to be someone you can trust?
- Read real estate agent reviews from previous clients. What are other people saying about them that may be important for you to know.
- Do they answer the phone professionally?
- Look for someone who speaks honestly. Do they think your home will increase in value? Do they point out potential issues in order to sell your home or tell you everything is “perfect?” Home buyers and sellers need honesty.
If you find this person to be too agreeable, there’s a chance they aren’t giving you the whole truth. Look for someone who will help you understand the long-term impact of your purchase.
These helpful pointers will show you how to find the best real estate agent near you, how to sell your house and how to buy a house you love!
Read More Posts
[vc_row][vc_column width="1/2"][vc_single_image image="248" img_size="full"][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/2"][vc_column_text]This highly desirable community has always been known as "Prestigious Timberlake". The community is well known for its large lot sizes and...
[vc_row][vc_column width="1/2"][vc_single_image image="257" img_size="full"][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/2"][vc_column_text]The gated subdivision of Ocean Side Village in Indialantic is situated between Riverside Drive and the Atlantic Ocean. Residences in Ocean...
[vc_row][vc_column width="1/2"][vc_single_image image="261" img_size="full"][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/2"][vc_column_text]This upscale subdivision was designed keeping a delicate balance between environmental concerns, budget limits, and engineering requirements....